Monday

Interview with singer Mike Tramp


Interview with Mike Tramp Ex-White Lion vocalist



Mike Tramp is a Danish singer and songwriter who is best known for his work with the hard rock bands, White Lion and Freak of Nature, although he has also released several solo albums to date.In 2012, Mike Tramp started recording a new solo album. "Cobblestone street" was released this year.

Quick Facts:
Name: Mike Tramp
Birth date: Jan 14th
Place of birth: Copenhagen - Denmark
Favorite album of all time? Queen II
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? It was Vinyl and it was Slade in Flame: Slade
A guitar: Martin HD28V
Favorite musician: Philip Lynott
Favorite band or group: Thin Lizzy, Queen
As you describe yourself ? Strong, Faithful, Loyal and Dedicated


Mike,what are your most recently completed projects and what are you currently working on?
I just released my new solo album "Cobblestone Street" and now I am touring the world till the end of the year.


Up to this point in your career, what has been your most memorable moment?
Where I am now in my life. I am really proud that I have made it this far and that I play the music that I want, without any compromise.

Almost everyone has a song that is special, you would like to reveal what is your song special and why?
The title track from my solo album "More to life than this" the songs really describes Mike Tramp as the songwriter I am, it is everything I am.


With the band "White Lion" What are your memories of that time?
It was the dream coming true, it was my baby and i saw it grow to be a fine band.

Who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you?
Bob Dylan to Queen, Thin Lizzy and AC/DC to Bruce Springsteen and Tom Petty

What are your next projects?
I will be touring for a long time, and along the road I will be writing new songs for the next album and then we start all over again.


To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
This ain't the life I asked for, but it is what I got