Monday

Interview with bassist Wiley E Oliver IV


Interview with Wiley E Oliver IV  bassist of Brand New Machine


Quick Facts:
Name: Wiley E Oliver IV or as my friends call me "IV" as in the letters not the fourth
Birth date: September 2nd
Place of birth: Bryan/College Station, Texas, USA
Favorite album of all time? Mötley Crüe, "Girls Girls Girls"
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? Judas Priest, "British Steel"
A bass: There is only on for me "Gibson Thunderbirdh"
Favorite musician: Well, there is three that are at the top and very hard to pick just one. Nikki Sixx , Glenn Hughes & Jeff Pilson are it for me!!!
Favorite band or group: Mötley Crüe, Judas Priest, U2 & Avenge Sevenfold
As you describe yourself ? A 100% pure rock bassist in itfs simple and purest form. I love playing shows and getting in my audiences face. It really is about everyone having fun and cutting loose. That is what I try to do day in and out. Creating music and albums is fun and I have my moments when it is necessary to do just that but the stage is my home. I would play 365 days a year if I could. I am a stage hound and there is nothing better for me!

Wiley, what are your most recently completed projects?
Just finished up my new band Brand New Machine debut álbum "The Devil Made Me Do It" due out July 23rd on Epochal Artists Records/Caroline. Current single "Girls Like You" hit the air waves in the US May 14th.

When did you first start playing bass, and which artists were your biggest influences?
Started playing at age 12. Me and my best friend Jay determined we needed to start a band. We did the diplomatic thing flipped a coin to see who was going to play guitar, well I play bass so you know who won that day. Never looked back it was the right path for me to take.

What is music to you?
Let us see, it is pretty much all I do when I wake up till I go to sleep(or pass out). While doing this interview both friends sitting with me I met through music, well one as Jay is here with me today and we started music together for it to become my life.

Who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you?
I think I have touched on most already but really all rock generas have influenced me. Like most I go through cycles of music, some is very heavy at times but I usually gravítate back to more party, good times rock. It just fits my personality better I guess.

What are your next projects?
Really, just to cotinue working on new stuff for "Brand New Machine" and relax after an intense 6 month period getting the debut álbum completed. I have a few things coming up but you will have to wait and see on that.

To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
Rock-n-Roll is a dirty job, and apparently I have to do it! See ya on tour soon!