Monday

Interview with guitarist Bill Hudson






Interview with Bill Hudson guitarist for Jon Oliva's Pain / Ex- Emphatic / Circle II Circle

Bill Hudson is a guitarist, songwriter and producer. Bill is lead guitarist for rock bands Jon Oliva's Pain, Emphatic and Circle II Circle. He has also toured the world several times with rock and metal artists.


Quick Facts:
Name: Bill Hudson
Birth date: January 13
Place of birth: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Favorite album of all time? Slave To The Grind (Skid Row)
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? Same one...
A guitar: LTD Elite Eclipse II
Favorite musician: Slash
Favorite band or group: It varies…
As you describe yourself ? Overworked Rock Musician

Bill, who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you?
Guns N' Roses (and particularly, Slash), Skid Row, Iron Maiden and Metallica were definitely my early influences. Over the years my musical taste has broadened of course, but I would say those 4 bands were definitely the ones that kickstarted my interest.

When did you first start playing guitar?
I was 12 or 13 years old.

Favorite guitar solo you’ve ever written?
That's a great one that I never get asked. Probably the one I just recorded for Emphatic's upcoming album. The song is (as of right now) called "Remember Me".

How would you describe your playing style?
I don't know… Bill Hudson style?

Almost everyone has a song that is special, you would like to reveal what is your song special and why?
I have a few. I guess I had to pick "one" song that's my favorite ever it's probably "Kiss From A Rose" by Seal. That vocal melody and the arrangement are just ridiculous. That's songwriting right there!

What has been the most exciting moment of your career thus far and also during the current tour?
Probably playing to a sold out crowd in Sao Paulo (my hometown) last December. It was my first Brazilian tour, and I was doing session guitars for a metal band named Vital Remains. It was the first time my parents would see me play professionally. It was a very special night.

What are your next projects?
Ugh, I'm so busy you wouldn't believe it. I just came back from Florida where I recorded a new project with David Vincent. We did some killer stuff. I flew back home today for a recording session with my Modern Rock band, "Emphatic" and I leave tomorrow for Germany to start the "Circle II Circle" tour. Phew… definitely overworked. This run with "Circle II Circle" starts at the Full Metal Cruise in France/Germany on May 8th and ends again in my hometown, Sao Paulo (Brazil) on June 23rd.

To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
Anything worth doing in life is worth doing well.