Thursday

Interview with guitarist Darrell Roberts


Interview with guitarist Darrell Roberts of Sintanic  -  Ex W.A.S.P/ 5FDP


Quick Facts:
Name: Darrell Edward Roberts
Birth date: March 16
Place of birth: Dayton,Ohio USA
Favorite album of all time? Impossible to answer with one. Master Of Puppets(Metallica), Far Beyond Driven(Pantera), Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman(Ozzy Osbourne), Black Sabbath (debut album), Lynyrd Skynyrd (debut album), In Step(Stevie Ray Vaughn).
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? Honestly I don't remember. Either Ozzy or Van Halen.
A guitar: Les Paul Standard. A gift from my mother.
Favorite musician: Clayton Dermer(my grandfather). Stevie Ray Vaughn-Dimebag Darrell-James Hetfield
Favorite band or group: Same as my favorite albums.
As you describe yourself ? Honest,real and I care about integrity.

Darrell, what are your most recently completed projects and what are you currently working on?
I have a new project called "Sintanic". I am writing and recording songs for that right now. I play guitar every day. I play because I love guitar and music. I don't care about being "rich or famous". That is what I am doing now, just living life, playing guitar and making music.

When did you first start playing guitar?What inspired you to learn?
I started at about 12/13 years old. My grandfather was a huge inspiration. When I first heard Randy Rhoads I was hooked! I was obsessed with the opening riff to Crazy Train.

Favorite guitar solo you’ve ever written?
I have three. Hallowed Ground/What I'll Never Find(W.A.S.P.) and WhitenKnuckles(Five Finger Death Punch).

What is music to you?
My passion, makes life a little brighter than it already is.

What has been the most exciting moment of your career thus far?
First time I played Russia with W.A.S.P. Acoustic show with FFDP with my mother and grandmother standing next to me.

Who are your main musical and guitar influences?
Clayton Dermer(Grandfathter) and Randy Rhoads.

What are your next projects?
Sintanic

To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ….
Thanks to everyone who has supported me,and will continue tobsupport me in the future. Much Love and Respect.