Wednesday

Interview with guitarist Micke Larsson


Interview with guitarist Micke Larsson  of ColdSpell


Quick Facts:
Name: Michael Larsson
Birth date: 7th september
Place of birth: Sweden
Favorite album of all time? Oh thats a killer question , would have been a bit easier if I could mention top 10; But if I have to say one album I say - Rainbow "Rising"!
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? Think it was a Deep Purple album ......... maybe "Come taste the band" Im not sure!
A guitar: Gibson
Favorite musician:J ake E Lee
Favorite band or group: Even trickier question! Everything with Ronnie James Dio!
As you describe yourself? A nice guy that prefer to be friends with everyone is this world


Micke, what are your most recently completed projects?
That has to be the new ColdSpell album that will be released on the 20th of september.


Who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you?
If think bands like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath , Rainbow , Whitesnake , Montrose, King´s X and maestro Dio made a big impression on me and some of those bands are probably the main reason why I still play. Then I think musicians like Joe Satriani, George Lynch, Jake E Lee, Ritchie Blackmore, Tony Iommi and a bunch of other rockers got me stuck in to this guitar playin and especially playin hardrock/metal then of course. There´s still a number of "not hardrock" musicians and bands that inspired me along the way , such as Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, The Police and many more.


How did you become a guitarist?What inspired you to learn?
When I was 10 I wanted to have a guitar and I think we had some kind of love/hate relationship for a number of years, haha. You know what its like, you have good days when its fun to play and you think that "whaooo" im not that bad and then you have those Days when you to open the window and throw them out! Guess I thought it was a cool instrument and I mean - say that kid that dont want to grab the guitar and make it scream, haha...


What is music to you?
Music is heart and soul for me and I think a song has to be made from the heart and the same thing about them lyrics too. When writing a song I compare it to an author that writes a chapter in his book of life - for me its like that, something that will last , hopefully! I still think that when havin the feedback on a song or album from someone that really listened to the song / the mode / the lyrics and all that. That is big and thats what makes me wanna write new stuff.


Let’s talk about ColdSpell album...
Yeah we have this new album "Frozen Paradise" to be released on the 20th of september and I really hope people will like it and hopefully we get some new followers to, The purpose was to have an album that´s not softer than the others , instead I wanted to have an album that is a bit more heavy and I think we reached that goal together with Tommy Hansen that did the mixing for this one as well.


What is next for "Coldspell", any new albums, or tours on the way?
Well we are about to have a new video ready for the release and we got some rehearsal to do so we will be ready to rock from september and forward.We have a bunch of shows coming up in september in Sweden , Skyfest in UK and MRF 2013 in Chicago - thats what we have confirmed so far but I know we will have more dates coming up for UK and US later this year. There´s always lots of ideas and all that but first of all we will wait and see what you rockers out there think of our new release.


To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
Cant wait to bring ColdSpell to a place near you, Peace, Luv and Hardrock