Tuesday

Interview with singer Jamie Allen



Interview with singer Jamie Allen

Quick Facts:
Name: Jamie Allen
Birth date: 3/21
Place of birth: St Louis, Missouri
Favorite album of all time? My favorite album of all time is Tyketto/ don't come easy
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? The first record I ever owned was an Elvis 45 Called My Boy, the first album I ever bought was Quiet Riot/ metal health!!
Favorite musician: My favorite musician of all time is Elvis Presley
Favorite band or group: My favorite band of all time is Tyketto!
As you describe yourself ? I am a rocker, & I look like a rocker, but there is more underneath than meets the eye!

Jamie, how did you get involved in music?
I started loving music when my mom used to play lying eyes on the acoustic guitar and she taught me all the words so that she can harmonize with me, I must have been about 6 or 7. I was also impersonating Elvis Presley at 6 or 7! I didn't pick up an acoustic guitar till I was about 15, and I didn't write a song till I was 34!

Your look a lot like Bret, you still have the Poison tribute band?
I get the Bret Michaels thing a lot! I still do a Poison tribute in the Midwest, it is called native tongue! we do not play as often as we used to, but is still a total blast to get up there and sing all those great classic Poison tunes!

Who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you?
My greatest influences are Danny Vaughn, Elvis Presley, Janie Lane, Johnny Lima, Third day, the Eagles, Night Ranger, Poison, Warrant, Motley Crue and on and on...

Who is your favorite guitar player of all time?
My favorite guitarist of all time is Brad Gillis of Night Ranger!

How would you describe your music?
My music is somewhere between Chris Daughtry and Poison, I write 99 percent of my lyrics, & I have some help on rocking up the tunes by my good friend Johnny Lima who produced and played on my album, The Storyteller.

Let’s talk about of your album "The Storyteller".What is the creative process?
The creative process of my music go something like this, first I need a good subject to sing about that means a lot to me, and then I think of a good title, after I've got a good title I work on a chorus until I get it just right, without of chorus there is nothing! I write a lot of songs on the acoustic guitar, & I tend to write too many sappy ballads, which I love! Johnny Lima takes all but maybe to Ballads, and makes them into rockers! Sometimes he sends me to a musical idea, & I put words to it, and sometimes I write words and Johnny makes music for them! It worked pretty good, & I am very happy with results of the first album, so I will probably stick with the same formula for the second album!

To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
My parting words are thank you so much for reading this, and for checking out the music! I sincerely hope you like the music as much as I like making it!