Thursday

Interview with bassist Joacim Sandin


Interview with bassist Joacim Sandin of Riot Horse / Grand Rezerva



Quick Facts:
Name: Joacim Sandin
Birth date: August 26th
Place of birth: Helsingborg, Sweden
Favorite album of all time? There are so many good albums, I like Destroyer with Kiss and the Motley record with Corabi very much.
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? I got Destroyer when I was 4.
A bass: I got my first bass when I was a kid by my parents, it was an very old bass, a Duke, I still have it.
Favorite musician: Gene Simmons
Favorite band or group: Kiss, The Beatles
As you describe yourself ? I think it's best that other people answers that one, hehe!


How old were you when you first started playing bass? What inspired you to learn?
I started to play drums, guitar and bass when I was 13, my father was a bass player and made some records and he was a big inspiration.

What is music to you?
It's very important with music, for me it's everything.

What are your most recently completed projects?
This year I have released albums with Grand Rezerva and Bai Bang and we´re releasing our first record with Riot Horse very soon.

Who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you?And who is your favorite bass player of all time?
Gene Simmons, Paul McCartney and my dad on all questions.

What is next for Riot Horse, any new albums, or tours on the way?
Yes, we are releasing our first album in a couple of months and I hope we´ll get as many gigs as possible, you can vote for us to play at Sweden Rock Festival 2014 in this link by the way
http://www.swedenrock.com/index.cfm?pg=82


To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
I wanna thank all of you who supported me over the years and you ain't seen nothing yet! Thank you!