Monday

Interview with drummer Johnny Benson



Interview with drummer Johnny Benson of Pretty Wild / Bai Bang / Burning Kingdom

Quick Facts:
Name: Johnny Benson
Birth date: September 27th
Place of birth: Malmoe
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? Kiss-Crazy nights
A drum: My first drum-kit was a maxwin kit! But these days I´m endorsed by Tama drums
Favorite musician: John Bonham, Bobby Rondinelli, Mike Terrana and I love the groove of mother´s finest drummer Barry "B.B. Queen" Borden!
Favorite band or group: I love music and so many bands and artists! I listen to music with great melodies and good playing with groove and heart and soul like Journey, Led Zeppelin and the new band Winery dogs
As you describe yourself? I´m a very flamboyant drummer and artist!! When see me live at a show you will hear see and remember me!! You can count on some stick tricks and a real show!

What are your most recently completed projects ?
Burning Kingdom- simplified album .It turned out really great! Danny Vaughn from Tyketto is singing amazing on the record!!Great players on it as well Manuel Seoane from Mago de Oz and Mikkel Henderson from band Fate.

How did you get involved in music in the first place?
I have always loved music since I was a kid, my mom told me I was running around singing and bashing with chopsticks all the time. so I guess it was the way to go for me!!

Almost everyone has a song that is special, you would like to reveal what is your song special and why?
Hotel California a truly great song! And it made me a karaoke-champion a drunk night, ha ha!!

What is music to you?
Like the soundtrack to my life!

What was your first band?
A band called Stripped.

Who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you?
Lukas Landerö! A great guitarist and musician from the band "The Itch".

Let’s talk about the new album of Pretty Wild...
The new Pretty Wild album is coming out January 10th.
14 great melodic songs and 4 good looking guys! We have great things coming up with Pretty Wild in 2014! Just did the video for the song "Get it on"! And we´re gonna be featured in the Honda car-commercial on Swedish TV. So watch out!!

To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
I hope to see you guys on the road cheers /J.B.