Friday

Interview with singer Brandon Gibbs


Interview with Cheap Thrill lead singer Brandon Gibbs


Quick Facts:
Name: Brandon Gibbs
Birth date: 2-24
Place of birth: Quincy, Illinois
Favorite album of all time? This is really tough... I'm going to go with Jimi Hendrix "Are You Experienced"
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? B.B. King "Live At The Ole Miss"
A guitar: My first guitar was a beautiful white Fender Stratocaster. My Dad & Grandparents were always watching to see if I would take the guitar serious... True story, I was obsessed with becoming a professional chess player. I left that for my love of guitar. I was blessed to have several guitars growing up.
Favorite musician: Hands down Stevie Ray Vaughan!!
Favorite band or group: I have SOOO many! Growing up I was hooked on Albert King, Albert Collins, B.B. King Hendrix, SRV, Hendrix you name it... Those guys still play in my car when I drive.
As you describe yourself ? Musically, I wear my heart directly on my sleeve. That's my sound. I love my family more than anything in the world. I enjoy working out, socializing and cleaning my trucks... That's about it.


Brandon, what are your most recently completed projects?
Released my first solo record "Into The Ocean" in March of 2012. Just released a single "Heavy Man" late May of 2013 and working on another solo release "The Hero" for November.

Who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you?
I probably sound like a broken record, but mainly blues bands.. I don't think a night went by in my teens where I wasn't listening to The Allman Brothers.

Who has been your vocal influences throughout your career?
Chris Cornell, Gregg Allman, Elton John, etc...

What is next for Cheap Thrill, any new albums, or tours on the way?
We tour all of the time. We constantly seem to be out on the road. We want to make a record, but right now it's just touring and (as they say) getting our name out. I constantly record as a solo artist... with Cheap Thrill we just really throw down and tour!!

Cheap Thrill, has musicians who have been members of famous bands of the 80s.Who is in the current lineup of the band now?
Jeff LaBar and Eric Brittingham of Cinderella, Cheney Brannon (formerly of Collective Soul) myself of Gibbs Brothers.

To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
We enjoy touring and meeting people! It's our lives!!! Please check out
www.thebrandongibbsmusic.com or www.cheapthrillrocks.com We look forward to meeting you!