Monday

Interview with bassist Dick Qwarfort


Interview with Dick Qwarfort bassist of  Nasty Idols


Quick Facts:
Name: Dick Qwarfort
Birth date: Long time ago in the late sixties!
Place of birth: Lund, Sweden
Favorite album of all time? Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? The Sweet - Desolation Boulevard
A bass: My ”Thunderchild” Fernandez bass!
Favorite musician: Uh..Me? Ha! Ha! theres too many great ones out there.. I wouldn’t know who to start with!
Favorite band or group:  Sex Pistols, Rammstein, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie
As you describe yourself? When I’m in a project- whatever it is, I’ll go all the way at 100%!
Dick, what are your most recently completed projects?
Being one of the founders and original member of Nasty Idols,I will say that. 6 albums and lots of song writing had quite an impact on my life - 25 years, that’s really something!



How did you become a bassist?
I never figured out how to play a guitar plus the local punk band needs a bass player.


Who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you?
The Sweet and The Sex Pistols.


What interests do you have outside music?
Drawing, photographing, (check out my Qwarfort Art Facebook site) and writing in general all kinds of stuff...


What has been the most exciting moment of your career thus far?
Playing the Sweden Rock Festival, and headlining Italian and English hard rock festivals, and of course hearing all great music I have made for the first time on CD!


What are your next projects?
I have been asked to join several of the other bands but turn them down. I’ve just started with something new and then that's finished you'll see another side of me!


To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
There can be only one - the original!