Wednesday

Interview with guitarist Bas Maas


Interview with Bas Maas guitarist of Doro


Quick Facts:


Name: Bas Maas
Birth date: August 17
Place of birth: Heerlen, Limburg, the Netherlands
Favorite album of all time? There are too many great albums to even start thinking about an answer to this question!
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? Haha.... That's a question I don't wanna answer!!
A guitar: The first guitar I ever bought was an Ibanez EX. (And it was blue!!)
Favorite musician: I wouldn't know what to answer as there are so many awesome and inspiring musicians.
Favorite band or group: Gotthard, Motorhead…
As you describe yourself ? Easy going and fun loving.

 
How did you become a guitarist?
I always knew I wanted to be an artist/musician, to be on a stage and entertain people, but in the end it was by chance that I started to play guitar. My older brother had a second hand wreck of a guitar that he only used as a piece of wall decoration. One day I just picked it up and, with help of a friend who was already playing guitar, I started to learn how to play it.

What inspired you to learn?
Fun, the urge to become an entertainer, the love for music.

Who is your favorite guitar player of all time?
There are so many awesome guitarists… This question is impossible to answer!

Who were the musicians who had the greatest influence on you?
The ones that I've played in bands with.

How would you describe your playing style?
I wouldn't know, but in any case it seems to do the job.

Favorite guitar solo you’ve ever written?
I've recorded several tasty solo's for my own project/band Rock Justice, but there's no particular one that sticks out for me.

What has been the most exciting moment of your career thus far?
I've had so many exciting moments it's hard to pick one out. But I'd say touring with Motorhead opening up for them was pretty mindblowing; and also watching Gotthard opening up for After Forever in Rio de Janeiro was very special to me and an experience I'll never forget.

What are your next projects?
I've been working on my project/band Rock Justice for ages already and plan is to finally release a few songs sometime early next year.

To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
Always keep the love for Hard Rock and Metal alive. Stay hard, true as Steel!!