Sunday

Interview with guitarist Anton Joensson


Interview with guitarist Anton Joensson of Cruzh




Quick Facts:
Name: Anton Joensson
Birth date: May 9
Place of birth: Malmoe, Sweden
Favorite album of all time? Hysteria with Def Leppard
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? Probably some crap!
A guitar: A USA Hamer from 1989
Favorite musician: Joe Perry
Favorite band or group: Mötley Crüe
As you describe yourself ? I'm a caring person who donates money to relief organizations and I would die for peace and love... Hell no, I like living!  I will probably look like Vince Neil in my 50's.


Anton, You have musical influences of hard rock bands of the 80s?
Yeah.... Def Leppard, Mötley Crüe, Bon Jovi, Danger Danger, Cinderella. The list goes long, and of course Firehouse who made their debut album 1990.


When did you first start playing guitar, and which artists were your biggest influences?
 I actually played keyboard at first when I was very young. Then when I was fifteen years old, I watched Rock In Rio with Iron Maiden and Adrian Smith turned me into a rock n' roll guitar player. But the guitarists who made me the musician I am today was Kee Marcello, Eddie Van Halen and Steven Clark.  


Who is your favorite guitar player of all time?
That one was really hard! Someone of the guys above, can tell you just one!


What are your most recently completed projects?
We just released a track called "Aim For The Head" with Cruzh. It's a killer for all those who love 80's hard rock.


Can you tell us a little bit about "Cruzh"....
Cruzh s the new thing....really. We've existed for ten months and released four songs. The passion and the taste for rock and hard rock music of the 80's and the songwriting are incredible strengths and together a very strong foundation of this band...and don't forget the looks! We got something special here, and if we continue to work hard and with a little bit of luck, there are no limits for this band.


What is next for "Cruzh", album, tours?
We're constantly working in the studio with new material and are about to release a physical single during this spring. It's called Aim For The Head and will contain the title track and a ballad called Straight From My Heart. Photo shoot this week! And in the summer of 2014 it's live premiere for Cruzh. We will announce the tour dates during spring.  


To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
I'm actually a guy. I have been mistaken for a girl many times. But I'm a guy. I'm a guy with makeup and long hair.