Monday

Interview with singer Jim Jidhed


Interview with Alien lead singer Jim Jidhed



Quick Facts:
Name: Jim Willy Jidhed
Birth date: 02/23
Place of birth: Gothenburg
Favorite album of all time? Hm... let me put it this way, Status Quo,Thin Lizzy and AC/DC had a big impact on me as a young boy.
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? Can't remember
Favorite musician: Difficult but I appreciate the classical singers like Jussi Björling, Pavarotti and in the AOR genre I really appreciate the vocals of Steve Perry back in the day.
Favorite band or group: Have no special favorites now days.
As you describe yourself ? Warm with o lot of humour and an appetite for life.



Jim, what are your most recently completed projects?
The forthcoming album with Alien called Eternity. Due to be released 25 in April, just in a couple of weeks.


Who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you? And who has been your vocal influences throughout your career?
Bands like Status, Thin Lizzy,AC/DC but also artists like Christopher Cross, Vocal Wise I appreciate the ones I already mentioned but also singers like Tom Jones, Tina Turner...


Has the dynamic of the band changed over the years?
I think we all have grown both as human beings but also as musicians.


What is next for "Alien", new album, or tours?
Hopefully we're playing different kinds of venues in the future, don't know yet. We don't have any special kind of booking agency so...


What are your next projects?
My personal next project is going to be a Swedish album but for now Alien is the only thing both me and the band is working with.


To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
It's only Rock´n Roll but that's a lot!