Thursday

Interview with guitarist Magnus Henriksson


Interview with Magnus Henriksson guitarist of Eclipse



Quick Facts:
Name: Magnus Henriksson
Birth date: August 6:th
Place of birth: Kiruna, Sweden
Favorite album of all time? Powerage, AC/DC
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? Beatles - Help on LP.
A guitar: My 1: st was Japanese Vantage. The current ones I´m using are Kramers Assault plus.
Favorite musician: There are too many I admire to mention just one. Elvis Presley, Ritchie Blackmore, Bon Scott, Mozart.
Favorite band or group: Easy, that´d be AC/DC.
As you describe yourself ? As a person: slightly neurotic, worried. I laugh and I cry a lot. I love people, and being around them. As a guitarist: I´ve got a good left hand and a weaker right hand. Probably because I´m a leftie. I´d describe my playing style as energetic and a bit dramatic.



Magnus, how did you become a guitarist?
My dad was a guitarist in the 60´s so he had an old broken acoustic laying around the house, which he finally gave to me when I was 9 years old. I started fiddling with it and learned to play by myself. From the beginning I actually wanted to be a drummer!


Who is your favorite guitar player of all time?
There are so many guitarists I like but if I´d sum all the plus and minuses about all the guitarists, Ritchie Blackmore is the one I have most respect for.


Who are your main musical and guitar influences?
The early Rock´n´roll and rockabilly from the 50´s & 60´s. That was my first big influences. Scotty Moore from Elvis band, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Eddie Cochran and all that good stuff. Later on came Deep Purple, Yngwie Malmsteen, AC/DC.


What is music to you?
I´d describe music same as art. As long it gives you a certain feeling it´s music to me. Whether it´s a happy, sad, aggressive or relaxing feeling, that´s music. If it passes you by without feeling anything, it´s not music to me.


Let’s talk about the new album.
We worked on it very hard for 1 year. Everything´s written and recorded by Erik Mårtensson and myself at his studio in Stockholm. We wanted to push ourselves a little harder for the latest album. Both with the song writing and the performance. I think it came out very well. It´s my favourite Eclipse album so far. It´s hard for me to describe the album. It´s too close to me. I let others describe it. I´m very proud of it.


What is next for "Eclipse", tours on the way?
Next up is Frontiers Rock Festival in Milan, Italy. Followed by London and finally Uster (Switzerland). After that we´re going in the studio to write the next album.


To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
Enjoy life as much as you can. Tomorrow it might be too late. Surround yourself with people that brings positive energy to you. Peace out and thanks for reading this!