Tuesday

Interview with singer Nikola Mijic



Interview with singer Nikola Mijic of Eden´s Curse / Alogia


Quick Facts:
Name: Nikola Mijic Birth date: 23th of May
Place of birth: Senta, Serbia once Yugoslavia
Favorite album of all time?   prog music:  Scenes from a Memory - Dream Theater, one of the best and most mature albums in its genre.
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? The first music I bought was of Richard Clayderman
A guitar: a fine piece of black BC Rich Acrylic Series guitar packed with EMG's  
Favorite musician: So many of them....but maybe the one I love to watch the most playin his instrument is Portnoy he played those DT songs like no one else.
Favorite band or group: The older SymphonyX
As you describe yourself ? BusyBee, always working on something...     


Nikola, what are your most recently completed projects and what are you currently working on?
Just a few months ago I finished recording Alogia's new album that is coming out in September, and a new song for my Hungarian Band Dreyelands.We're in a so called transition mode right now as our keyboardist left the band, so we were forced to work with backing tracks on few concerts, maybe less is better. Meanwhile, I'm practising for the upcoming tour with EC that should give the band, as we hope, lots of credits and good news for the future, and planning my summer, as I'm getting more and more involved in my studio.   


Who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you?And who has been your vocal influences throughout your career?
The list of bands is huge and I 'll try keep it short. So, as as we've all become what we are todays thanks to our influences that surround us, no matter who or what what they are, we should never be ashamed of them. I'm not ashamed, as my biggest influence of all time, was the king of Pop, Michael Jackson. His album "Bad" had all the melodies and the rhythms that as a young kid, I needed to experience real music at that time and age. Eventually, after him rock music came in with The Beatles with their classic hits, Jimmy Hendrix, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin. Dio,Whitesnake, Iron Maiden and a bit of Judas Priest. Right after Helloween becomes popular, a touch of Queensryche and at the end I stopped searching when I discovered Dream Theater and SymphonyX...     


Let’s talk about the new album of Eden´s Curse.... Does any particular song on the CD have special meaning for you?
Yeah, my personal favorite one is the Symphony of Sin regarding lyrics but the most special meaning has the Evil and Devine as this song actually got me in the band.The song was darker and had a totally different vibe to it, and with scrap vocals on it, it was a tough call. Sitting in my kitchen with the headphones on and with only a laptop.... I was re-recording it like 5 time till a got it the way it is today .Every time, with a little change here and there, the song became better and better, where at one point I decided to send the song back to the band and the reaction was - Dude, you're in the band!


What is next for "Eden´s Curse", tours on the way?
As far as I know it's the UK tour that is going to be a great test for myself and the band too. Although I had a year when I sang more than a100 concerts a year with my old band, it will be the first time in my life that I will sing 7 days in a row! Tough one!


To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
Dream as much as possible...and believe in your dreams!