Tuesday

Interview with guitarist Jess P. Tzimas


Interview with guitarist  Jess P. Tzimas of Chrome Public / Lit Soul



Quick Facts:
Name: Jess P. Tzimas
Birth date: March 27
Place of birth: Athens, Greece
Favorite album of all time? 1987 (Whitesnake), Burn (Deep Purple), Holy Diver (Dio) Alter Bridge III, Passion and Warfare (Steve Vai)
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? I think it was Rainbow's first album "Richie Blackmore's Rainbow"
A guitar: My very first was a classic Yamaha guitar and a Fender Squire I currently use Carvin guitars which I customized for my needs.
Favorite musician: I can't pick just one…but some of them are Steve Vai, Gary Moore, Joe Satriani, Richie Blackmore, Jimmy page, John Sykes, Paul Gilbert…
Favorite band or group: Whitesnake, Ronnie James Dio, Glenn Hughes, Alter Bridge, are just some of my fav.
As you describe yourself ? Hard Rock/Metal shred guitarist, researcher

Jess, what are your most recently completed projects? 
My band "Chrome Public", American hard rock with modern sound. I also play guitar in Rob Chevelle's band "Lit Soul".

How did you become a guitarist? 
It was exciting when I was seeing other people playing this instrument. Before I started learning, I was imagining myself playing electric guitar in front of thousand of people and I can't describe my feelings and my desire of doing that.

Who is your favorite guitar player of all time? 
I'd say Steve Vai, he is the most complete guitar player ever!

Almost everyone has a song that is special, you would like to reveal what is your song special and why? 
That's a difficult one… I 'd say "Burn" from Deep Purple because It's just a great song in the rock history, and I'd say also "Heaven and Hell" from Black Sabbath because Dio is one of my fav singers, and the lyrics talk about the real "heaven & hell" we all live in. Wise words from a great man. 

Up to this point in your career, what has been your most memorable moment? 
It's def my collaboration with the amazing singer,composer, musician, Kip Winger. And the opening shows for Scorpions in 2010, in front of 12.000 people. Amazing experience.

What is next for "Chrome Public", new album, or tours? 
We ll start playing here in Los Angeles this year to promote our first EP. Early next year we 'll make couple of music videos for 2 of our songs. Meanwhile we'll write some more songs since we have already new ideas.

To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
Stay Chrome