Friday

Interview with singer/guitarist Kory Brown


Interview with singer/guitarist Kory Brown



Quick Facts:
Name: Kory Brown
Birth date: March 5
Place of birth: Houston, Texas
Favorite album of all time? Slippery When Wet
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? Cassette Tape - Billy Idol (1982)
Favorite guitar: Gibson Les Paul
Favorite musician: I can't pick just one.  I’d have to say Slash and George Lynch for the guitar but I was a big fan of Jani Lane’s song writing. I think some of his unreleased material is his best.
As you describe yourself ? Driven, creative and always on the go!

Kory, what are your most recently completed projects and what are you currently working on? I am currently working on the music video for Fire and re-tracking some early material for a southern rock project.

Almost everyone has a song that is special, you would like to reveal what is your song special and why? 
It’s an obscure Aldo Nova song called Can't Stop Loving You. Just like everyone has that special song, most of us all have that one person in life that no matter what you will always care for and love.   

Who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you? 
Bon Jovi, Michael Sweet, Jani Lane and George Lynch. I have probably been most influenced by reflecting on the 80s as a whole.  Things that didn't inspire me at the time are better and more obvious today. 

What is music to you? 
Music is the never ending creative experience. Few things in life tap the emotions like music.

How would you describe your music? 
Eclectic. I love all types of music so it comes out in my writing.

What are your next projects? 
I am hoping to finally complete the full album for "When the Love Falls" in 2015 and a few single releases from the southern rock project.The Taking Time music video will also be completed in 2015.  I am also releasing several tracks with the Clutch Kings very soon!

To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
Music is an outward expression of the soul.