Wednesday

Interview with singer Taliqua



Interview with Close Quarters lead singer Taliqua 



Quick Facts:
Name: Fredrik Carl Varg Taliqua Josefsson
Place of birth: Sweden, Karlskoga
Favorite album of all time? Woah. That's a hard one. Hanson - MMMBop!
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? I belive it was Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast. Not sure though. I'm not 20 anymore... My memory is getting weaker by day!
A guitar: I love Hagstrom guitars. It's really one of a kind! I mostly play acoustic when I'm not on the road with Close Quarters and doing my solo shows. But sometimes I steal KK´s Les Paul when he is taking selfies in the bathroom.
Favorite musician: Also a tough one. So many great artists out there. I'm not really sure I have a favorite! But I do sure admire some people as Monroe, Joe Cocker,  Chris Barnes, and Danzig. Yeah. Glenn Danzig has always been an inspiration. It's mixed up really! I love a musician that has "that". You know? It's not a job. It's what they are! I admire people that can show them true selves on stage. There's so many people out there talking about their Idols they had when they were kids and the people that inspired them to this point today.... But I never really had that. I'm just doing what I have always done! 
Favorite band or group: I love The Quireboys. We recently went on a Scandinavian tour with them and It was amazing. Such a great bunch of lads!
Describe yourself: The passenger? The joker? A passenger that is a joker? I'm not sure anymore! 

What are your most recently completed projects and what are you currently working on? 
We recently released "Try To Pay Rent With Love" and the day after the release we went on the tour! So I just came home really...
Also I'm workimg on some solo projects right now and I'm really excited about it! 

Almost everyone has a song that is special, you would like to reveal what is your song special and why?
Oh! Got to be a cheesy one.. Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache! Let me explain..
I was on a trip to Bulgaria when I was a kid with my family and we were out for some dinner at a local restaurant. Suddenly the staff and the performance people started to pick up instruments and play, cheer and go crazy with this song!  It was amazing and one of my mother's favorite songs! Good times. She passed away when I was 15. So the song is pretty much stuck in there! 

Who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you?
Like I said before. Not so many really! So it's pretty much impossible to say a particular one.  I've always done what I always have done! Not in a cocky way. Don't get me wrong! 

Who has been your vocal influences throughout your career?
Some Swedish punk artist.. But also Glenn Danzig! I think he has been the biggest influence of my voice. Not the stage performance but yeah, some influence of my voice. The rawness of it!

What is next for "Close Quarters", any new albums, or tours?
We recently came back from the "Try To Pay Rent With Love Tour" and we got two shows left of it this weekend and after that we will isolate ourselfs with work and some new stuff for you! 

To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
Sexparty! You all been invited to a..