Tuesday

Interview with singer/guitarist Alen Brentini


Interview with  singer/guitarist Alen Brentini

Quick Facts:
Name: Alen Brentini
Birth date: 7th September
Place of birth: Rijeka, Croatia
Favorite album of all time?  Have so many great albums in the different genre of music. It is difficult to single out one of so many great bands in the world.
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? Can't remember...probably something old like Deep Purple then Saxon, Whitesnake and others. Of course LP's!
A guitar: Fender Stratocaster, Jackson
Favorite musician: My Dad!
Favorite band or group: It depends of my mood but mostly some rock/metal bands.
As you describe yourself ? It should other people say but I'm trying to be a good person.

Alen, what are your most recently completed projects?
Well, I've done so many different things last few years and all of that ended up with a great result. I have a new album out called "Soul'd Out" (2014.) and probably is one of the best I ever done but there's another one, instrumental album called "Behind the walls of silence" (2010.) which is musically very complex in a different way.

How did you become a guitarist?
I grew up in a musical family. My dad is a musician too, so when you wake up every day and listening music 24/7 and sounds of guitar, there's a possibility to become a musician one day and it happened to me. Actually I wanted to be a drummer but there were no drums in the room ...so I had to pick it up and started taking a lessons. I remember it was a pain in the ass and boring to learn about the open strings, simple chords and stuff like that 'cause I already wanted to play like a big guys at that time such as Satriani, John Norum and others. After some period of time it became very interesting to me and I spent the hours and hours playing the guitar and discovering the music itself. I was 9 years old kid.

Almost everyone has a song that is special, you would like to reveal what is your song special and why?
Yes, I have some particular pieces of music in my songwriting with whom I'm completely satisfied and still proud of after a while. I mean, every time when you write something new it's like a new experience to me and I love it in that moment but after a while you can see clearly what you've done and does it fits right into your ability of performing live . It should be like natural thing to me and to the audience as well. It's very important to be more objective in the writing process. Most of my songs are the soundtracks of my life, reflections of what I went through the various stages of life. As you getting older have a wider range of things you can write to the honest way ... about love, life and people, and sometimes about situations of society in which we live. So one of my favorite song is "Return to madness" and then "Reach for the stars" and "Get up stand up"...All of these tracks you can find on my youtube channel.

Who are your main musical and guitar influences?
As a kid I had my guitar heroes but never try to copy any of them but I listened them a lot . So here we go: Richie Blackmore, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Johnson, Alex Skolnick, Marty Friedman, Kee Marcello, Gary Moore, Scott Henderson, Tommy Emmanuel and many others.

How would you describe your playing style?
Melody and feelings...

What are your next projects?
I do not making a big plans. Just doing what/when I feel to do but one thing is for sure: I never gonna quit playing and making music. It's my passion, my life and my religion.

To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
It doesn't matter what are you doing just do it with you heart and soul...and never give up!