Wednesday

Interview with singer Jamey Garner



Interview with Jamey Garner singer of High South  /  Ex Trans -Siberian Orchestra



Quick Facts:
Name: James "Jamey" Shea Garner
Birth date: June 22
Place of birth: Chester, Illinois - along the muddy banks of the Mighty Mississippi River! 
Favorite album of all time? Of all time?? Lol. Here's a FEW FAVES OF ALL TIME...
1.) Sinatra LIVE at the Sands with Count Basie
2.) Allman Brothers LIVE at Fillmore East
3.) Tim McGraw - Everywhere
4.) Muddy Waters - Hard Again

What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? First LP? ...hmmmm. Most likely, ONE OF THESE, since I grew up in the 80's. These may have been on Cassette, I can't remember. 
1.) Michael Jackson - Thriller
2.) Alabama - Feels So Right
3.) Hall and Oats - Private Eyes
4.) REO Speedwagon - Hi Infedlity
...interesting to me all different styles/genres. I guess I was fairly diverse, even at a young age. I love diversity!!

A guitar: my 1st good guitar was an acoustic Takamine John Jorgenson signature model. My Father bought it for me. It is Red with white pick guard. Super cool guitar that I bought used at 30th Street Guitars in NYC in '95. It's still my main axe.
Favorite musician/singer: Frank Sinatra, Greg Allman, Paul Rodgers, Muddy Waters.
Favorite band or group: The Eagles, The Allman Brothers, Steely Dan, Queen. 
As you describe yourself ? Soulful, bluesy, retro. - always one foot in the musical past. I'm into my roots. 

Jamey, who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you? 
The Allman Brothers, Frank Sinatra and Michael Jackson come to mind. 

What is music to you? 
Music is an escape...to wherever!  It allows me to turn off the World and drift along with my thoughts. I can be anything and do anything with music as my guide. It has taken me many, many places.

How would you describe your music? 
Soulful country blues.

Who has been your vocal influences throughout your career?
Frank Sinatra, Greg Allman, Paul Rodgers to name a few. 

What are your next projects? And what is next for High South, new album?
I am currently getting ready for the Swiss release of the new High South CD. I'm also Producing a new High Energy Country show to debut in Las Vegas. 

To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
Never Never Ever Give Up!