Wednesday

Interview with guitarist Chris Caffery


Interview with guitarist Chris Caffery of Trans-Siberian Orchestra / Savatage


Quick Facts:
Name: Chris Caffery
Birth date: 9/9
Place of birth: New York
Favorite album of all time? Wings over America
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? Kiss Alive
A guitar: first? A Hondo Les Paul, Fav my Gibson V's
Favorite musician: Prince
Favorite band or group: Black Sabbath

Chris, what are your most recently completed projects and what are you currently working on?
I recently just finished the 16th Trans Siberian Orchestra winter tour. It was a huge success. We played our record The Christmas Attic for the first time live.

Who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you?
I would say the Beatles, Queen, iron Maiden, black Sabbath, Judas Priest . Musicians? Ronnie Dio and Bruce Dickinson for singers.  Criss Oliva and kk Downing for guitarists. Just naming two of each but there are many more!

Almost everyone has a song that is special, you would like to reveal what is your song special and why?
I would say Show Must Go On by Queen. We used that as the song when the lights go down before the last Savatage tour started. For several reasons it is my fav. The song itself is so awesome and I miss Savatage and those memories. 

Up to this point in your career, what has been your most memorable moment?
I would say the first time I headlined Madison Square Garden with TSO and the Last time Savatage played in Athens.  Particularly when we came out . Before we went in the crowd singing along with the Queen song. Louder than our Pa. Surreal.

What is next for Trans-Siberian Orchestra, any new albums, or tours?
A new album this year! Our first festival appearance ever this summer with Savatage at Wacken! And another Winter tour this fall!

What are your next projects for you?
I am currently working in my next record which I hope to have finished by the end of May. I'm still not sure what I want to call it for sure but it's coming along really well.  Other than that I have a lot of other projects in the works. A lot of cool things for my hot sauce company. Tv shows for myself, my home saloon and the hot sauce. Live internet performances and guitar clinics. Performance in the summer with Savatage at Wacken!  More performances with the 18 time Grammy award winning Jimmy Sturr and his Orchestra! I'm about to leave on a music cruise with him this week! I always stay busy!

To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
Thank you for the interview and thanks to the fans for the first 30 amazing years of my professional career!