Thursday

Interview with singer Robin McAuley



Interview with singer Robin McAuley of Raiding The Rock Vault / Renaissance Rock Orchestra / Ex Survivor 


Quick Facts:

Name: Robin McAuley

Birth date: 01-20
Place of birth: Ireland
Favorite album of all time? So many to choose from. Free--Zepplin--Foreigner 4--The Four Tops. I Luv it all!
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? Cosmo's Factory! CCR.Favorite musician: Paul Rodgers--Lou Gramm--Robert Plant--Jimmy Page--Eric Clapton--Hendrix--Mick Jagger--Rod Stewart. Too difficult to answer this with so many influential musicians in my life. The list goes on and on with each one bringing that special gift they have shared with us all. How lucky are we!!!!!
Favorite band or group: Hmmmmmm ????? “The Beatles” comes to mind straight away!
As you describe yourself ? Easy going--Perfectionist--People person. Love my family, there really important to me and always come first. I'm always whistling, which can be really annoying to people around me. HA!!!


Robin, you have been a member of a few famous bands... what can you say about the days of the "Survivor "?

What do you remember?Survivor was a lot of fun and quite an honor to be allowed to sing these great songs. Many people only remember Survivor because of “Eye of the Tiger” but there are so many more like. “The Search is Over”,“High On You”, “Can't Hold Back”, “Burning Heart”, Etc. Etc.

What are your most recently completed projects?

I recently recorded with “Renaissance Rock Orchestra” here in Las Vegas with Gregg Fox writer and Producer. The song is called “Author of Mystery”. You can find this here @renaissancerockorchestra.com

Who has been your vocal influences throughout your career?

Paul Rodgers form FREE. Lou Gramm of Foreigner. Rod Stewart, THE FACES….

Almost everyone has a song that is special, you would like to reveal what is your song special and why?“My Girl”-The Temptations! This was our wedding song. Been married to Gina for 21 years. Twin 16 year old, boys Jamie & Casey.


Up to this point in your career, what has been your most memorable moment? 

Meeting Robert Plant in Berlin TV Studio when “Far Corporation” performed the new version of “Stairway to Heaven”.

What is next for "Raiding The Rock Vault"? and what are your next projects?

We just won Best Musical in “Best of Las Vegas” for the 2nd year running…This show could run for many more years. I will continue to be involved with projects that interest me. given I have the time and opportunity to do so. I'd like to write some new MSG material and that may happen also.

To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ...
.
I enjoy singing and performing very much and am very blessed to be able to continue to do what I luv most. That been said it's also very important to say “Thank You” to everyone who has taken the time to listen to my voice and the songs I've written over the years. I couldn't do it without you and I love you from my heart for always sticking with me for so many years.
God Bless you all and Thank You! Be Well Always……..