Monday

Interview with guitarist Ace Von Johnson


 Interview with guitarist Ace Von Johnson of  Faster Pussycat



Ace Von Johnson is a lead guitarist for Faster Pussycat.Who has traveled the world making music his profession for the last several years.Boasting a high-energy stage presence has led him to be recognized for his work within many musical circles. Ace has had the pleasure of collaborating/working with over the years with many artists.Ace has done an extensive amount of touring, such as multiple dates on the Warped tour (2007, 2006, 2004), seven European tours (with various groups), Japan and countless headlining and US tours with or supporting acts like Fall Out Boy, David Allan Coe, Simple Plan and many more.


Quick Facts:
Name: Ace Von Johnson
Birth date: December 27

Place of birth: Panorama City (Los Angeles), California
Favorite album of all time? Alice Cooper - Welcome to my Nightmare
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? Ramones Mania
A guitar: Gibson Les Paul
Favorite musician: Glenn Danzig
Favorite band or group: Thin Lizzy
As you describe yourself ? A Horror movie loving, Socially awkward, candy-eating whiskey drinking hellraiser with a sense of humor and a good head on his shoulders.

 
When did you first start playing guitar, and which artists were your biggest influences?
I started playing guitar around the age of 13 or so, and I was influenced by watching a lot of videos on MTV of bands like Guns N Roses, Metallica, Billy Idol & Tom Petty.

Favorite guitar solo you’ve ever written?
Probably the solo I did on a session with producer Neff-U on an unreleased Michael Jackson song titled "Hollywood", which I have a copy of. Or on a track called "The Great Divide" on the same titled album by my old band The Generators.

Who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you?
I was heavily influenced by so many different bands from different genres, it's hard to say. Early on, it was a lot of The Clash, The Misfits, Slash, Bruce Springsteen, and later Alice Cooper, Thin Lizzy and The Cult.

What are your next projects?
I'm currently doing several projects when I'm not on tour with Faster Pussycat. I've been doing a band with legendary pro skater Duane Peters for a few years called the Gunfight, and I have a band called Octoberkill that some friends and I just started up, as well as a rock band called Blackpool Republic that I've been recording with for a bit as well. Always busy!

To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
Do whatever makes you happy!