Thursday

Interview with guitarist / bassist / singer Kenny Kweens


Interview with guitarist / bassist Kenny Kweens of L.A. Guns & Beautiful Creatures / singer of Villains of Vaudeville


Quick Facts:
Name: Kenny Kweens
Favorite album of all time? That's tough. It's too hard to name just one, because it changes everyday, so I'll give you my top five for today or should I say my top five for this hour. 1. Pretty Hate Machine - Nine Inch Nails 2. Appetite For Destruction - Guns n Roses 3. Purple Rain - Prince 4. Back in Black - AC/DC 5. White Zombie - Astro Creep: 2000
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? My first CD was Batman by Prince
Favorite guitar that you own: Well, again that's tough because I own so many, so I will give you a few, my Gibson Thunderbird and of course my signature guitar The Kenny Kweens Electro Star by Mudd Guitars. I also own a 1941 EB 1 Gibson, "EB 1" which stands for Electric Bass One, meaning it was the first electric bass that Gibson ever made. It came with a stick to play it upright.
Favorite musician: Prince
Favorite band or group: Again too many to name.
Describe yourself ? I'd rather someone else do that, but if I have to I would say, I'm pretty quite and to myself. I like fashion, photography, football, animals, girls, sugar and cajun food. I'm a Libra.

Kenny, what are your most recently completed projects?
The Villains of Vaudeville CD 'Villains De Vaudeville'. It's the only record that I was the lead singer. I wrote and recorded with my good friend and producer Tracy Swider. We filmed 3 videos as well, it's a project that I am really proud of. I plan to record another song and film video soon. Check it out at www.villainsofvaudeville.com

Almost everyone has a song that is special, would you like to reveal what is your song special and why?
If you mean one I've written, it would be, "The Devil is Waiting" by Villains Of Vaudeville. That song kinda shows all of my influences in one song.

Who were the bands or musicians who had the greatest influence on you?
There are so many and I'm still getting influenced all the time. Prince, Nine Inch Nails, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, AC DC, The Ramones, Joan Jett, Zombie, Metallica, Aerosmith, Johnny Cash, Dwight Yoakam, The Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots I can go on and on...

Up to this point in your career, what has been your most memorable moment?
Having Gene Simmons of KISS come over to my place to work on some song ideas he had. That and when the first Beautiful Creatures CD came out. That CD and those tours are times I'll never forget.

What is next for you, new albums or tours?
Like I said, I'm going to record a new Villains of Vaudeville song and video. Rumor has it that L.A. Guns are going to record a new record with myself and Michael Grant (guitarist). The other rumor is that Beautiful Creatures may have a reunion and possibly record. And maybe even another reunion with my first band I ever recorded with, Shake The Faith.

Is there any chance of see you playing in South America?
At the moment we have no shows booked, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't want to. If the fans demand it, the promotors will listen and bring us there.

To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
"Never look up to anyone, look them directly in the eyes"