Monday

Interview with guitarist Ryan Roxie


Interview with Ryan Roxie guitarist for Alice Cooper/Roxie77 


Ryan Roxie is an American guitarist/singer-songwriter, he is the founding member of Roxie 77 and probably most well known for his guitar work with Alice Cooper, Casablanca and more.Ryan re-joined Alice Cooper's live band for the 2012/2013 Tour.



Quick Facts:
Name: Ryan Roxie
Birth date: Dec. 1st
Place of birth: California, USA
Favorite album of all time? Cheap Trick - Heaven Tonight
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? Let's go for Vinyl Album….CCR - Clearance Clearwater Revival
A guitar: 1972 Gibson Les Paul Gold Top
Favorite musician: Brian May (guitarist of Queen)
Favorite band or group: Beatles / Cheap Trick
As you describe yourself ? A lucky guy

Ryan, how did you become a guitarist?

I wanted to become the posters on my wall…and it seemed like an easy enough thing to do to make $$

Who are your main musical and guitar influences?
Definitely the Beatles/Stones and all the bands since that have been influenced by them aka- Queen, Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, Happy Mondays etc.

You’ve worked with so many great musicians over the years. Do you have a favorite?

Alice Cooper is the best 'boss' a guy could ask for ….

Up to this point in your career, what has been your most memorable moment?
Each tour there seems to be something that sticks with me and my memories…but honestly, just the fact that I've been able to tour as many years as I have, I'm just feel thankful for ALL the memories I get from that…. That being said, Touring South America with Gilby Clarke and Aerosmith in 1994 was a very amazing memory and experience!

Almost everyone has a song that is special, you would like to reveal what is your song special and why?

Two songs come to mind that are special to me because I'm really proud of the fact I was able to write them and hopefully give some people some inspiration and something to think about....those songs are 'Second Chances' (off of the Roxie 77 Peace, Love & Armageddon album) and 'When You See God' which is on the 'Roxie Box' ....both of which you can check out at roxie77.com

What are your next projects?
I'm about ready to head out on tour with Alice Cooper again this year...looking very much forward to it. I'm also releasing 2 albums sometime during the year....one is the new EP by Roxie 77 called 'The Ameriswede EP' and the other is from a band I play guitar in called Casablanca....and that album will be titlted 'Riding A Black Swan' ...


To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
If it's going all to hell...we might as well Enjoy The Ride!
ryanroxie.com or roxie77.com
Photo by Vesna Gajic Photography