Wednesday

Interview with guitarist Thorsten Koehne


Interview with guitarist Thorsten Koehne of  Eden´s Curse




Quick Facts:
Name: Thorsten Koehne
Birth date: June 20
Place of birth: Bielefeld/Germany
Favorite album of all time? Queen Live Killers
What is the first CD or LP you ever bought? News Of The World - Queen
A guitar: My custom Dean Razorback
Favorite musician: Brian May
Favorite band or group: Queen
As you describe yourself ? Passionate, ambitious, dedicated, evil 


Thorsten, what are your most recently completed projects and what are you currently working on?
Danny Veras new album "Never Give Up" and the new Eden´s Curse album "Symphony Of Sin". Currently preparing for the Eden´s Curse  Symphony Of Sin U.K. Tour in May 2014.


How did you become a guitarist?
I always had an urge to do music. A cousin of mine had an electric guitar that I played for the first time and I was hooked ever since. 


Who is your favorite guitar player of all time?
Probably Brian May cause he´s so musical. He never plays a note that doesn´t fit and his tone is just perfect.


Who are your main musical and guitar influences?
Everyone that I heard ever since I started having an influence on my music and playing more or less but the main influence would be still Brian May and Queen.


Favorite guitar solo you’ve ever written?
Hard to say. Most recently there´s the main solo of the song "Never Too Late" from Danny Veras new album that I´m really proud of. It´s a really, really good solo IMHO.


You've worked with so many great musicians over the years. Do you have a favorite?
Thank you! Playing for joe Lynn Turner on the Sunstorm album "House Of Dreams" was amazing and a big honour. I´ve been a fan of JLT ever since he sang with Yngwie Malmstgeen. I completed my guitars for the album before he did his vocals and if you listen to it he´s sometimes phrasing his vocal lines around my guitar lines which totally blows my mind.


Let’s talk about the new album of Eden´s Curse and the new tour....
It really is our best album. "Symphony Of Sin" has been a lot of work but I think we created a timeless classic and we're very proud of it. After various lineup changes we have now what I feel is really solid and great sounding and we can´t wait to play live for our fans on the upcoming tours.


What are your next projects?
So far the next Eden´s Curse album.


To end the interview, a phrase you want to leave ....
Be nice to each other and enjoy life because life is great!